Bahamas

Bahamas

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

From Hatchet Bay to Rock Sound

What a great time we had in Hatchet Bay.  Since rob was not able to get off the boat I once again became ‘dingy independent’.  It always amazes me how many cruising women I meet that have no idea how to run their own boat.  I am neither the best nor the best but I get by!  As I mentioned previously on my first trip to Alice Town I met Phil & Irene on Plan B from and below is a photo.

IMG_2263IMG_2256

Phil Irene & Shaun in the Junkanoo shack.  The Shark for Junkanoo

We had a great time with them and it gave Rob other company besides me!  One of our favorite tings (that’s Bahamas' speak for things) about Hatchet Bay is the fresh stone crab.  Let me say that we made good use of it!  The supply boat only comes once a week so fresh meat & veggies were in short supply so we made the most out of fresh stone crab, stone crab quiche, stone crab pizza and tonight will be stone crab scampi! 

On  Christmas Eve I went to buy some crab and took John (the boss) some “thank you bags’ and he ended up giving me a bag of crab just because he thought it was nice that I brought the bags for him.  This is what I mean about the Bahamian people.  They do not have a whole lot (by American standards) but they have such a wonderful attitude about life!  I just want to learn that lesson.

Well, the time flies and before we knew it we had been in Hatchet for a week.   The lady at the local grocery asked me if I had moved to the area – time to go. We decided to head down to Alabaster bay for the night and due to the fact that weather will be moving in we did not dawdle but are moving on to Rock Sound for a few days.IMG_2258IMG_2268

the green grouper and some “Blue” the junkanoo artist.

More later- Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment